Towards Energy Efficient Shipyards
The maritime industry continues to grow strongly in face of strong demands for shipbuilding. In ship, repairing the implementation of energy efficiency for mini or mega shipyard has not been fully explored.
Co-host with NTU, this seminar intends to share the challenges that shipyards faced in managing the power distribution within the yard to improving operational excellent and meeting environmental requirements. New developments in technology of high power electronics are being used in the design of static frequency convertor (SFC) to replace inefficient mechanical solutions of power supply in a shipyard. Resulting in direct savings for the yard operators.
Participants will be divided into 3 groups to give focus attention to know selection and application of static frequency convertor (SFC) for local requirement. Participants will benefit from the seminar
- to see the actual installed SFC and the simulation at NTU power energy center
- to improve the operational efficiency of existing yards
- to understand the installation and specifications
- to know the trend and advantage of power electronics
- to learn high level integration and communication within a yard management system
Contact Person - Mr Kelvin Sim
Contact Number - +65 9295 2082
Organizer - ABB, NTU