About the Challenge
The Next Generation Container Port (NGCP) Challenge aims to raise awareness of the research and development needs and foster innovation within the maritime industry. The Challenge also seeks to encourage greater partnerships between industry and academia to invent new concepts and ideas for the maritime sector.
This competition will challenge international participants to think beyond existing conventions and submit radical new proposals to plan, design and operate a future container port.
Overview of Challenge
Overview of NGCP Challenge Document
- View the overview slides presented at the launch on the NGCP Challenge document HERE.
- Register to participate and access the full NGCP Challenge document.
- The Challenge will be open to all interested individuals, professionals, companies, tertiary institutions and research institutes of any nationality.
- Eligibility will not be limited to those in the maritime sector to encourage cross-sharing and adoption of ideas from other domains.
- Participation via consortiums or teams is preferred but not required.
- Interested parties may now indicate their interest on this challenge webpage to receive updates.
- Official registration begins 27 April 2012.
The competition will be judged by an international panel comprising representatives from the Singapore government and the maritime industry and academic institutions.
The winners of the competition will receive a US$1 million cash prize. Commendation prizes may also be awarded to deserving teams. Up to S$5 million in R&D grants will be considered for award to selected teams to pursue further research on their proposals.
||Announcement of Next Generation Container Port Challenge
|27 April 2012
||Launch of detailed problem statement and competition document during Singapore Maritime Week 2012, which is from 22 – 27 April
Open of registration for NGCP Challenge
|31 July 2012
||Close of registration for NGCP Challenge
|31 December 2012
||Submission of proposals
|15 March 2013
||Announcement of shortlisted teams
| 5 April 2013
||Judging of shortlisted teams by NGCP Challenge International Judging Panel
| 9 - 11 April 2013
||Exhibition by shortlisted teams at Sea Asia 2013 Conference & Exhibition (Booth J16), Marina Bay Sands Singapore
|11 April 2013
||Announcement of prize winners at the Singapore International Maritime Awards 2013, Shangri-la Hotel
The NGCP Challenge is jointly organised by: